The Kpeve-Agate Weto Mountain Range Ecosystem lies in the Volta Region of Ghana (Figure 1). It falls within a bounding box of 6o 40′ 7.00″N, 0o 19′ 39.30″E and 6o 44′ 42.00″N, 0o 21′ 38.25″E.
- To document the bio inventory within the area
- To identify and assess the sacred groves (ICCAs) with the area
- Due to the economic importance of the range for the local people and outsiders, a study should be carried out to monetize the various services derived from the forest.
- Scattered farming activities are currently on-going within the range which will require alternative livelihood initiatives
- Due to these services conservation effort would be worthwhile.
- The communities should be educated to adhere to their traditional values to facilitate conservation effort as this gradually been eroded as a result of modernity and imported religion.
Project in Pictures
Identified Grove between kpeve to Agate by ARDO, sponsored by GEF Small grants program Ghana 0500000000000