Objective(s): Restoration and sustainable conservation of the mountain range
Strategies /Approach used:
- Participatory stakeholders’ analysis was done, inputs collected and factored in the educational and sensitization programme alone the landscape.
- This was done through community forums, workshops, focused group discussions and media engagements.
- Forest governance, benefit sharing arrangements, roles and responsibilities of stakeholder on sustainable conservation was also discussed. Also discussed are issues of forest/land degradation, effects of climate change and adoptable strategies to ensure sustainable food security.
- Awareness on importance of forest governance raised.
- Stakeholders are able to access their rights of forest resources.
- Stakeholders now negotiate for their social responsibility agreements.
- Communities are able to identify infractions and seek assistance from the appropriate authorities and
- Settler farmers are better able to negotiate with land owners on land tenureship and resource use