Accelerated Rural Development Organization (ARDO) is a non governmental organization involved in rural communities development in Ghana.
- ARDO was formed in 2000 as a community based organization. In 2003, she was registered with Registrar General Department and the Social Welfare department of Ministry of Employment and Social Welfare as an NGO
- Registered with Hohoe, Jasican, Kadjebi, Krachi East, Ho West & Central and Afadzato South Assemblies.
- Registered with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
To ensure speedy and sustainable development of the underprivileged in society by facilitating individuals and groups to unearth their potentials and mobilize available resources to bring about social and economic change for improved living standards.
MISSION: Facilitation for development of rural communities.
- To promote Preventive Health Education in the communities
- To encourage Healthy and Sustainable Environmental Practices
- To facilitate Sustainable Social and Economic change in individuals and groups for improved living standard
- To advocate Gender Equity and Good Governance.
Our core values are Honesty, Fairness, Transparency, Equity, Respect and Loyalty
AFFILIATIONS / COLLABORATION
ARDO is member of Forest Watch Ghana and Civil Society Coalition on Land (CICOL). A member of Association of NGOs in Volta region (VORANGO),
Coalition of NGOs in Health. ARDO also collaborates with Women Empowerment and Survival Foundation, Global Action for Women Empowerment. Wetoplatform
WHAT WE DO
Sustainable Environmental Programmes
- Conservation of Natural Resources
- Agro forestry
Training, Facilitation and Advocacy in the following areas
- Gender and development
- Participatory strategic planning
- Leadership Training
- Business Management
- Project Management
- Family and reproductive health
- Preventive health
IDENTIFIED NEEDS AS ARDO WORK IN THE COMMUNITIES
- Protection of watersheds and conservation of water courses
- Conservation of the Akwapim-Togo mountain range
- Capacity building for women in leadership local government agencies
- Supporting basic education programs
- Peace building and good governance
ARDO relies on the Board of Directors, donors and consultancies to carry out her programmes. We also welcome support from Local and International agencies, who share in our Vision.
ARDO has a board of seven, who over see the work of the Organization. The Director is in charge of the day-to-day administration of the organization assisted by the Programmes, Finance and Administration managers.
ARDO has permanent staff strength of four and three volunteers who work directly under the Unit Heads on specific schedules. ARDO also relies basically on volunteers found in the communities who serve as links between the Organization and the Communities or groups.